"Many … come to me, try to ask me questions. But the last thing I tell them in the session is that you ask me questions, and you expect that I should answer them. Why? Because I have experienced Knowledge, and you think by that experience I can answer your questions. It's the same thing if you also experience the Knowledge. You can answer your own questions …"
– Guru Maharaj Ji
What is God?
– God is power and due to that power everything is living. Only due to that power. God is power. You are seeing my body and that is not power. It contains power, but it is not power. This is a container.
Power is power and power belongs to nobody; it belongs to God. Anyone else is a human being. He is a reaction to that Grace, a reaction to that power which is within him.
May 1972, Johannesburg
What is this Knowledge you are talking about?
– It is the Knowledge that Jesus Christ gave, that Krishna gave, that Ram gave, that Mohammed gave and which I am giving. It is the supreme Knowledge. It is the sacred Knowledge. It is top sacred! And it dwells within all of us, within every human being, but we are unable to know it without the help of a true Master. That's what I am teaching.
September 1971, Toronto
Do you believe Jesus will come to earth again?
– So how are we going to recognize God as He comes on the earth? Are you going to ask to see His identity card or passport? See if it says, "Name … God. Occupation … Generator, Operator, Destroyer?" That is foolish! Or are you going to recognize Him only if He fits in with your mental picture of Him, what you have picked up from the scriptures and other impressions, what you imagine Jesus to look like? But even two Christians will have different impressions of what Jesus looked like. So what will be recognized by one will not be recognized by the other. But the test of the Perfect Master will be that which is undeniable to everybody and that is the experience of himself which he can give, and that is the true Knowledge.
April 1972, Johannesburg
What is the relationship between this Knowledge and love?
– Today people want love. I can truly and sincerely tell you this Knowledge is overbrimmed with love. I can't explain how much love it contains. There is so much love that if you take the water of all the seas, the love will still be more. And this Knowledge is love. This is it. This is the love. A thief cannot take it from you, this love is so much. Nobody can cut this love. You can experience it whenever you like.
November 1971, London
How does a person prepare to receive this Knowledge?
– You must realize first why this Knowledge is essential. Then we must make ourselves ready for the Knowledge. When we become ready, then Guru gives us this Knowledge. First we have to become worthy of receiving it. You don't take food at any time. When you feel hungry, then you take food. So become hungry for the Knowledge so you can take it. If your stomach is full and you eat more, you will vomit. Same way, if you are not feeling hungry and you take this Knowledge, you will vomit. You won't practice it. It will get rotten and it will harm you.
September 1971, Toronto
Who are you?
– Well, what is inside me, what I really am, not talking in terms of body, is that most supreme energy, which is within inside of you also. But you don't know, it has to be revealed.
This subject is really interesting, it's really far out, this Knowledge, and to understand what is within inside of us. It's just beautiful. It's just fantastic.
August 1973, Boston
Guru Maharaj Ji, what is your relationship to your Guru?
– He has taken me away from all the junk that I was put into – that I was put into by you name it. He took me away from all – only one person – he took me away from all that junk, and put me into such a beautiful spot, that right now I am doing this service, and man, I'll tell you the truth – this is so minimum of the service, you know, in comparison to that Knowledge he gave me.
And that's the reason I want to spread it to people. Because it's so beautiful. And Guru Maharaj Ji is so beautiful. Because he has completely taken me out, I mean out, and put me into the most beautiful spot.
May 1974, Denver
Why are you called a 'Perfect Master'?
See, if someone teaches you math, if someone teaches you English, if someone teaches you science, you call him math master, English master, and science master respectively. Same way, I can teach people peace. I am just teaching people perfectness and that's why they call me Perfect Master. And, as a matter of fact, I am Perfect Master because I can reveal this peace. I'm not saying that I am bodily perfect or because of this reason or that reason, but simply one reason, because I can reveal this Knowledge which is perfect.
July 1973, London
Maharaj Ji, what is devotion?
– Devotion is the flow of love from a devotee to his Lord, and darshan is seeing the Lord's physical form.
Guru Maharaj Ji, are you permanently in God consciousness?
– Yes, I am permanently in God consciousness.
February 1972, London
Guru Maharaj Ji, what do you mean about the mind being evil?
– This mind is jiggling around trying to find out that perfectness. It is inquiring, trying to investigate the perfectness, which is impossible. To the mind, God is a perfect criminal. He has done such a perfect crime by creating this world in such a way that mind cannot trace how He did it. That's why mind always freaks out about God.
But then, there are again two parts: one is that freaky part of ourselves which is freaking us right out, and the other part is our brains which we all use, which we don't want to ignore. The brain is a presentation from God to us which is like a little computer we have our camera, tape recorder and everything. That's how simple it is.
September 1973, Los Angeles
Will this Knowledge change a person's religion?
– People may think that I want to change their religion from Christian to Hindu, but they will be surprised to know that I myself am not a Hindu. I am not a Hindu. I am not a Christian. I am not a Sikh. Then who am I? I believe in one reality and that is the pure religion. Religion as a word started from the word realization and the realization of God is the pure and perfect religion.
November 1971, London
Guru Maharaj Ji, what about the future?
– The time for famine, thunder, death and bombs is coming soon. The time is getting very near. Every time you see a watch, see the second hand, how smoothly it is going on, and so fast. The time is coming nearer and nearer. For the bombs will explode. There will be great famine and thunder. Many of these terrible events will happen. Many people will die. Those people who'll be unto the ark, which is Light, who will be in the shelter of that ark, which is Light, will be left. Otherwise everybody will be finished. Everybody will just finish. This is what Jesus has prophesied, that at the time when the Kingdom of Heaven will approach nearer and nearer, incredible things will happen – and then there'll be the Kingdom of Heaven.
God Himself will come to be the president or the ruler of the whole universe and it will be far out. So get ready, prepare yourselves. Make this Knowledge a shield to protect yourself from all those bumps.
October 1971, Toronto
Is this Knowledge just available from you?
– I don't say take this Knowledge from me. Take this Knowledge from anywhere you can get it. But if you can't get it outside, if anybody can't give it to you, then come to me.
My point is just this: take this Knowledge. That's all. If anybody else can give it to you, go there and take this Knowledge. But if they can't give you this Knowledge come to me and I will give you this Knowledge. I have this Knowledge.
September 1971, Toronto
Guru Maharaj Ji, what about the lifestyle you lead?
– Don't feel anything about it. What I am, I am. What I have to offer is something else. Accept what I have to offer, not what I am or who I am. However I live, whatever I do, it's up to me. I would like to teach you something. Not my lifestyle, but something more important. So learn that, accept that. And that's that.
September 1976, Denver
What kind of experience can one have meditating on this Knowledge?
– In this Knowledge you get to a point where you open your eyes, and you see nothing except Light. Like, I mean if you even look at bright lights, they don't even exist – all you see is a Light. All you hear is Music, all you can feel is the Word vibrating, all you can really drink is the Nectar at that time. And it's so beautiful. Because that whole energy that is in our body just comes together completely, just fills us up – and there we are, just so beautiful.
This is what we all want to achieve, this is all we want to get. And I'll tell you something – it's not very difficult at all. As a matter of fact, it's one of the most easiest things you can do. It's easier than driving a car; it's easier than to pick a flower, it's easier than tying a tie, it's easier than any of these things. It's the easiest thing.
But to get to the point, we need one thing, and really bad; and that's the Grace.
May 1974, Denver