1974 Magazine Articles About Prem Rawat
In 1974 articles about the Millenium '73 festival and the Divine Light Mission phenomenon were published. They were highly critical of Prem Rawat and the "Knowledge", understandably so.
- Who is Guru Maharaj Ji and why is he saying all these terrible things about God? - Penthouse Magazine - January 1974 - Volume 5, Number 5
- God Goes to the Astrodome - Texas Monthly Magazine - January, 1974
- Goom Rodgie's Razzle-Dazzle Soul Rush - Saturday Review/World - 9th February, 1974
- Jet Set God - Pageant Magazine - February 1974, Page 30-34
- Who Was Maharaj Ji? - Oui Magazine - May 1974, page 90-133
- Death Of The Salesman - Playboy Magazine - June 1974
- I See The Light - Penthouse Magazine - July 1974
- The rich are the real sufferers. - People Magazine - July 1, 1974
- Million Dollar Religion Ripoff - Argosy Magazine - August, 1974
- An East Indian Teen-ager Says He Is God - Vogue Magazine - March 1974, pages 120 & 160.
Research by Stephen A. Kent, published in "From Slogans To Mantras" has revealed the extent of the hostility to Prem Rawat in the 1970's underground press. It was to the counter-culture readers that most of the proselytisation was going on and they had a much greater knowledge of the methods, success and results of the practice of "Knowledge". It was particularly appropriate that the Fifth Estate was so vitriolic in this short piece as it was their reporter, Pat Halley, who was nearly murdered by Mahatma Fakiranand for the shaving cream pie incident in the following year.
- Where is Guru Maharaj Ji? - Fifth Estate Magazine - February 2-15, 1974, Vol. 8 No. 21
- Guru Blisses Out on Synthetic Grass - Crawdaddy Magazine - February 1974, page 62-65.
- Over the Hill at 16 - Ramparts Magazine - February 1974
- When The Lord of All The Universe Played Houston - Rolling Stone Magazine - March 14, 1974
- Salvation Slapstick with the Guru Maharaj Ji - Creem Magazine - March 1974, page 37-39.
- The meditation boom: Will the Real Guru Please Sit Down - Psychic Dimensions Magazine - May 1974, page 10-11, 53-55.